Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chatche'lu-Hu

I wanted HongunPrime.We to win the 3rd Open Season of the GSL, but he lost in the round of 4 last week.

Although I had never heard of Hongun prior to this season, there were five reasons why I wanted him to win.

1. He plays Protoss and at the start of Season 3, there were very few Protoss and I wanted all of them to win. The winners of the first two GSL season were Zerg, and I see Terran as the choice-race for the cheesy.

2. In his match against JSLZenith (T) in the round of 32, Hongun used Carriers to help win his second and deciding match. As the commentators Artosis and Tasteless made clear, no one had used a carrier yet in the 3rd GSL and so their amazement and shock at it being used was priceless. I still chuckle when I think of Tasteless yelling at the site of carriers being made, "What the hell is that? I've never heard of those things!" And after Hongun had won screaming in disbelief "I don't understand the world anymore!"

3. EGidra thinks he sucks and although he knows an infinite more about Starcraft 2 than I do, I instinctively feel like I have to believe the opposite of whatever he says.

4. He uses VR and  likes to rush them without sentries or much other support, and I as a fellow Protoss who uses VR like I'll get some incredibly rare achievement if I rely on them too much, I have to admre his "spunk."

5. I don't know why, but when I see pictures of Hongun looking intently at his computer screen while he's in the gaming booth, he looks like my brother Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment