Friday, December 10, 2010

Kesu

I've been following the GSL in South Korea, and in the later rounds I've really come to wonder what the difference is between "cheese" and good tactics and well-timed rushes? Is the only difference that cheese is something that looks desperate when you do it? Is cheese something you do to mask how you aren't really that good at the game? When I first started playing Starcraft II I assumed that "cheese" was anything that kept the game from reaching the point where you would actually have a battle somewhere on the map with a decent enough number of forces that it would test the abilities of you and your opponent to manage said army that you have created. Basically anyone who attacked you when you weren't ready was "cheesing" you. But now I've seen entire pro-matches where people try to out-cheese each other as quickly as possible and so I'm not sure what's a good way to define it.

No comments:

Post a Comment