Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Guam Starcraft 2 League

Mumagahet i guinife-hu siha gi este na simana!

If you are reading this blog then you most likely have some interest in the combination of the game Starcraft 2 and the place Guam, and so you might be interested to learn that there is a new Starcraft 2 league which will be starting up this Saturday, January 8th at 6 pm. The website for the league has more info, but I'll paste bits and pieces of it here.

The schedule with some information on the type of tournament is below
  • Saturday, January 8, 2011 @ 6:00pm - Swiss, 4 Rounds, BO3.
  • Saturday, January 15, 2011 @ 6:00pm - Swiss, 4 Rounds, BO3.
  • Saturday, January 22, 2011 @ 6:00pm - Swiss, 4 Rounds, BO3.
  • Saturday, January 29, 2011 @ 6:00pm - Swiss, 4 Rounds, BO3.
Registration is free and easy, you just have to send an email with some information and you'll be set to go. Click on this link to head to the registration page. There's also some rules to abide by, so be sure to check those out.

The league is not just for really really ridiculously good players, but for players of all skill levels who want to meet others who enjoy Starcraft 2 and want to try out their skills or various varieties of cheese against each other. Although I think I'm okay at SC2, I don't have any illusions that I'll do very well. My APM hovers around 30, and sometimes by some divine miracle where Muhammad, Moses, Jesus Christ, Buddha and Steven Speilberg get together and bless my fingers, I can get my Actions Per Minute up to an average of 50. When I watch professional players and even my brother play, this means that in comparision I play Starcraft 2 at the level of an elephant trying to use chopsticks to pick up mandarin orange pieces. Ti gof maolek, ya mampos gof ti chaddek.

But I think it'll still be fun, and I started this blog to meet more people from Guam and more Chamorros who enjoy Starcraft 2.

I've already told my brother that if I fight against him in the tournament he has to lose on purpose and make it look real!

No comments:

Post a Comment