Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hiniyong i Inacha'igi gi Painge

Last night the first Guam based Starcraft 2 tournament was held, and although the turnout was a bit low with only 8 people showing up, it was still a lot of fun. The race breakdown was 2 Zerg, 4 Protoss, 1 Terran and 1 Random. Each player got to play four matches and here is the list of winners and their records.
  • 1st Place: tQmagnavox.884 (P) (4-0)
  • 2nd Place: tQProbe.934 (P) (3-1)
  • 3rd Place: TFox.417 (P) (2-2)
I finished out the tourney in a three way tie for last place. Me and two other players each won 1 and lost 3. I'll say more about my matches later. I learned alot since these were my first matches against humans and not AI, and so I can definitively say that next time I will be better prepared. I made some stupid mistakes in my offense and defense and so instead of finishing 3-1, I ended up with 1-3.

One thing which  made the tourney exciting was the fact that there was even a livestream channel for it and so when my matches were finished, I could log on and watch some of the better players finish up.

The next tournament is next weekend and there is a change in time and day, so here's the update from the GUSC2 website:
Please review the Schedule page. The next tournament has been moved to Sunday, January 16, 2010 at 2:00pm to try to accommodate as many people as possible. This includes all you WoW players who raid on Saturday nights!!!

Registration will start on Monday, January 10, 2010 and ends at Saturday, January 15, 2010 at 2:00pm. We are working on a better registration system so stay tuned.

Also, there have been some changes in the Rules to help things be a bit more streamline. Be sure to check them out.
I find that gof na'chalek that the time and day was changed so that it wouldn't conflict with peoples' WoW raids.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, the winner of the tourney tQmagnavox is my brother Kuri/Jeremy. And so in honor of his victory, here is a pensive, reflective image of him on a boat, where he looks eeirely like Tasteless of SC2 commentating fame. Sen maolek i che'cho'-mu Kuri! Puede ha' un diha bai hu ikak hao annai umakontra hit gi Kareran Estreyas Dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment